Garmin fēnix 5 Review
The Garmin fēnix 5 is the first high-end watch designed particularly for females. It will be available in March of 2017. Staying true to the Garmin brand, the Garmin fēnix 5 is very fitness-oriented and a great accessory for exercising
We could go on and on about the number of useful features that this device possesses. Check out the succinct list below to get an idea of what we mean:
- GPS and GLONASS
- The combination of these two allow for even more location/speed accuracy.
- Optical heart-rate sensor
- ‘Elevate’ wrist heart technology. Monitor heart-rate during intense workouts or simply during 24/7 daily life. This information helps to estimate calories burned per day.
- Custom apps and watch faces
- Smartphone notifications
- Compatible with both Android and iOS
- Pair your device through Garmin Connect to share information among friends.
- All-day fitness tracking
- Multi-sport versatility. The Garmin fēnix 5 can track it all, ranging from cycling, swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle sports.
- Performance Widget
- Records all your fitness statistics. Furthermore, it lets you know how effective your workout regimen is, and also advises you on how much recovery time to take after each workout.
- 2 week battery life
- Garmin assures a 2 week battery life in smartwatch mode and about a full day when in GPS mode.
- Waterproof — down to 100 meters (10ATM)
- This is far superior to most smartwatches out there.
- Three-axis compass with gyroscope
- Always keeps your bearing.
- Barometric altimeter
- Provides elevation data as well as predicts weather changes.
As you can see, the Garmin fēnix 5 is a highly well-rounded smartwatch. Many smartwatches have great features, but oftentimes there is an area of let down, such as the lack of a heart-rate monitor, or poor battery life. The Garmin fēnix 5, on the other hand, has no such weakness. It’s difficult to find a chink in the armor when it comes to features. With an incredible battery life, advanced fitness tracking, high water-resistance, GPS, etc., the Garmin fēnix 5 has smartwatch fans eagerly awaiting its release.
Appearance-wise, it’s not a bad looking smartwatch. It certainly has the appearance of an athletic accessory. However, it’s silicone band can be switched out for classier leather or metal bands. You can choose the size of the case, which is highly unique for smartwatches. The size options are 42mm, 47mm, or 52mm; these options are great since people have different sized wrists and different size preferences.
To summarize, we love what the Garmin fēnix 5 has to offer. The features it offers are second to none. Furthermore, it’s no slouch in the appearance department. Perhaps most importantly, its appearance is uniquely customizable in the sense that you can choose from 3 different case sizes, as well as its easily interchangeable bands. To say we’re excited for March is an understatement.
While we wait, check out the video below for more information: