Garmin fēnix 5 Features
The Garmin fēnix 5 possesses many useful features. This smartwatch is very fitness-oriented; the majority of its features are designed to improve your health. Check out some of the main features below:
- GPS and GLONASS
- The combination of these two allow for even more location/speed accuracy.
- Optical heart-rate sensor
- ‘Elevate’ wrist heart technology. Monitor heart-rate during intense workouts or simply during 24/7 daily life. This information helps to estimate calories burned per day.
- Custom apps and watch faces
- Smartphone notifications
- Compatible with both Android and iOS
- Pair your device through Garmin Connect to share information among friends.
- All-day fitness tracking
- Multi-sport versatility. The Garmin fēnix 5 can track it all, ranging from cycling, swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle sports.
- Performance Widget
- Records all your fitness statistics. Furthermore, it lets you know how effective your workout regimen is, and also advises you on how much recovery time to take after each workout.
- 2 week battery life
- Garmin assures a 2 week battery life in smartwatch mode and about a full day when in GPS mode.
- Waterproof — down to 100 meters (10ATM)
- This is far superior to most smartwatches out there.
- Three-axis compass with gyroscope
- Always keeps your bearing.
- Barometric altimeter
- Provides elevation data as well as predicts weather changes.
As you can see, the Garmin fēnix 5 is a very well-rounded smartwatch. It’s a rare example of a smartwatch that puts it all together — it combines a heart-rate monitor, GPS, amazing battery life, advanced fitness tracking, and high level water-resistance. While it may be a bit more expensive than other smartwatches, you get your money’s worth in terms of features.
Check out the video below for more information: