Apple Watch Series 3
The Apple Watch Series 3 is expected to be released in September of 2017. While we won’t know for sure until it comes out, there are many rumors regarding changes in appearance, as well as added features.
Rumors about appearance include:
- Multi-function band — Apple recently filed an interesting patent by the name of “Magnetic Wristband”, and details a magnetic wristband for the Apple Watch. These magnets will help keep the watch in place while it is being worn, and when it is taken off, the band folds together.
- OLED display — Micro LED panels are lighter and thinner with better brightness levels. They are capable of higher resolutions.
- Circular display — In the past, Apple has only made square watches, but supposedly the Apple Watch Series 3 will give the option of the more traditional circular style watch.
Rumors about the new features include:
- Front-facing camera (that can be used for FaceTime or selfies)
- An improved battery life
- Less reliance on the iPhone
- New versatile and custom straps — i.e. a workout strap that has extra health sensors, or a strap with built-in LED lights that flash when it receives a new notification.
- Wireless charging — Qi charging is becoming the new standard. If this rumor is true, one would simply need to rest their Apple Watch Series 3 on the Qi pad in order to charge it. This means no more ugly charging ports.
- Touch ID
Only time will tell if these rumors are true. However, it seems as though the Apple Watch Series 3 is going to be more custom friendly, with multiple wristband options, color options, and possibly even the choice between a square or circular display.
Check out this video for more information: